From left: Floribeth (HS friend), Te Sandra (Mentor in college), and moi having dinner at Tiana's cafe and bar.In a time of turbulence, there is no place like home.
It's been long since I last posted. Man where does the time go? It's been a busy few weeks mainly involving a significant lack of internet access due to 1. Working and studying “on and in” school.
Last night when I arrive to our house in Marbel, my two nephews welcomed me warmly and secretly searched my baggage for pasalubong. It was good to be missed. After expected welcoming, I went directly to see my old room and I longingly sat down (flopped down, more accurately) to my favorite chair that I used when studying before. I felt comfy than ever while sitting on it. And within minutes had my dog named white, barking on me, bad, he did not recognize me easily until I called his name.
While having dinner at home, Nanay inquired about my activities in Manila. She even thought that I am playing casino and hop bars at night. I told her that I don't have enough money to do so but I kid her that I am learning the premier guide to online casino gambling and that I am paying black jack and that the site I found is helping me maximize the return on my gambling money. I even encouraged her to try and play online gambling but it was never her interest, and that I am just kidding her.
Anyways, rather than bore you with a full description of the last few weeks here are a few observations:
1. Studying MS is every bit as difficult, tiring, chaotic and fun as I thought.
2. The new Coldplay album is better than I thought it would be.
3. But isn't as good as it should be.
4. For the first time in living memory I have more pairs of shoes than I know what to do with.
5. I’m enjoying the music of Pink and of The Script.
6. It's the semestral break and I'm actually enjoying doing preparation work and opening of another school term next month.
7. In 5 days it is 2nd Mindanao Bloggers Summit.
8. My bedroom is in exactly the same state as it was before.
9. Being at home is the best thing in my life.
10. Some things don't change.
Will be back in Manila on November 3.