My first Vote!

I am a first time voter and I am very excited to exercise my Right of suffrage and to participate in this year’s elections. Whaah! Finally, I’ll be experiencing how indelible the ink they will be using to mark my involvement. With that mark, I hope my vote can effect change in the situation of our country.

Please have time to make effort to know our candidates and make an informed comparison of the choices before us. We must guard our votes once we have cast them, by taking part in citizens’ actions to ensure that are votes are properly and accurately accounted for. And importantly, we must vote for candidates according to their potential for responsible leadership, and not for any other reason. If we fail in these most basic of our democratic responsibilities, then we cannot complain about the people who rule over us, for we always get the leaders we deserve.

Below is the list of [10] senatorial candidates that I would probably entrust my vote with. Under their name are the platforms that they will be working with, and hopefully will create change for a better economy in 2007. I have chosen [discerned] them based on their capacity to lead the nation responsibly.

For this election year, let us choose our leaders responsibly and protect our sacred right to do so.


JOKER P. ARROYO (Team Unity)
Human Rights, Anti-corruption

FRANCIS G. ESCUDERO
(GO)
Housing (for teacher, police, soldiers and the poor), livelihood programs, education, health programs for the poor and elderly, human rights, environment

PANFILO “PING” M. LACSON (GO)
Health, order, and environment

FRANCIS “KIKO” N. PANGILINAN (INDEPENDENT)
Livelihood programs, anti-corruption, economy

ZOSIMO JESUS “JESS” M. PAREDES II (KAPATIRAN- INDEPENDENT)
Order, environment, human rights

ANOTHONY TRILLANES IV (GO)
Anti-corruption, anti poverty, peace and order

MANUEL VILLAR (GO)
Energy, livelihood, anti-graft

ALLAN PETER CAYETANO (GO)
Health and Education

EDGARDO J. ANGARA (Team Unity)
Education, senior citizen welfare, arts, environment, agricultural modernization

BENIGNO SIMEON “NOYNOY” AQUINO (GO)
Continuously fight for democracy


"There is still hope for change, for an honest and clean election. "

That's my Prayer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

registration for mindanao blogger summit 2

graduation day

The New Hobby - Wakeboarding!